Thursday, August 04, 2005

WOTD: Tuteology

We've hit a milestone here: three of something without me giving up on the whole thing ;)
Thanks for the positive feedback I've been getting on this feature.
The word of the day for Thor's Day, August 4, 2005 is:
tuteology
n.
  1. A week full of way too many tutorials, esp. those which are untimetabled and attended either for friends sake, or to avoid going at 4pm: I can't believe what a slorbish tuteology I've just had!

  2. a. Needless repetition of the same tutorial at different times; redundancy.
    b. An instance of such repetition.
    (compare: tautology)

  3. The study of tutorial allocation, particularly, of why tutorials are always marked 'full' and cannot be joined, despite the room being fairly empty when you actually get there: "Did you get into the tuteology class?" "No, it was full!"
from English: tute- + tautology
tuteological, adj.

3 Comments:

At 12:25 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOTD rocks!

 
At 9:02 am, Blogger Toria/Deb said...

and in other words, I'm slorbishly slavant to your verbage, Matt. ;) You astound me with your wit! WOTD is brilliant beyond words. ;)

 
At 4:30 pm, Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

You don't seem too bad yourself (heh, verbage ;))

Eyy Mel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home