Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Well hot dog. We have a weener!

In a followup to my recent blogpost about the GameSpot awards (here) I'd like to say... "WE WON!!! Wooohoo!"
Yes, Myst IV Revelation was crowned the Best Adventure Game of 2004 by GameSpot. A great achievement, and finally some recognition for such an amazing game!

Also, I think all the best-in-class awards I was interested in returned favourable results:
Best Shooter: Half-Life 2
Best MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online): World of Warcraft
Best Strategy: Rome: Total War
All three of which were expected, and deserved.
I'll say this though, its been a strange year for RPGs when the winner of Best RPG is a game called "Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door"... which doesn't look like what you'd think and RPG would be about at all! I suppose though, all the mainstream RPGs this year were in the MMO category: World of Warcraft, Everquest II and Final Fantasy XI.

Anyway, very happy about Myst IV! It really is such a fantastic game, and the Gamespot guys will tell you why if you check out the video on this page.
Guybrush Threepwood: "I like mist! Mist is pretty!"
The Flying Welshman: "Sure mist is pretty, but EGAD is it dull!"
- Subtle but hilarious baggage from competition, The Curse of Monkey Island

1 Comments:

At 2:22 am, Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

Also, I'd like to add that World of Warcraft just won the PC Game of the Year, which is kinda more prestigious, so congrats Blizzard.
For Myst fans: Don't worry, Best Adventure Game is the best accolade an adventure game can get, nobody likes them so no way its gonna win Best PC Game :( Oh well, as we always say, some people will never get it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home