Thursday, January 13, 2005

More Myst V

Myst V!!! Yaay

Well before I start, (or, technically, after I start, because you wouldn't be able to read this if I hadn't started yet), Tim's website AND (the all important) domain name are back in the air! Congratulations Tim. Finally none of the links on my blog are broken!
To quote the man himself:
"Well, fancy that - my server died. For over a month. That kinda sucked..."

And here it is:
www.gfxmonk.com
Keep up the good gfx. (Wow, he's a really talented artist!)

Well today we had the official announcement!
Warning: Have eyeballs ready to pop out, article contains a SCREENSHOT!!!
Its official: This is the last Myst game. Also, Cyan *is* working on Something Elseā„¢ AFTER this! What could it be?
Chris Brandkamp, VP of Cyan Worlds "declined to give more details about the new project, other than to say it should not be called a game."
Source: Spokesman Review, article here.

Actually I'll post that screenshot HERE!

Click for a larger (1600x1200!) version.

We're very excited about this. Firstly, the graphics are gorgeous! Did I mention this is a REALTIME 3D game? (It uses the Uru engine)... but look, the grass is individually modeled, and the environment is beautifully detailed. The great shame in the inevitable move from pre-rendered to realtime is that the new realtime game won't look as good. (And honestly, it can't look as good as Myst IV), but this is still pretty bloody good!
Secondly, in case you didn't notice, that huge dagger is straight out of RIVEN! Not unexpected, given a few objects fell out of Riven, through the fissure and into the Cleft in Uru. (At the end of Riven that same dagger fell into the fissure). So already we see the plot coming together. Also if you look carefully on the rock to the right, you see a drawing of the fissure, the linkin hut on Riven, and two people: Possibly Catherine and Atrus.

Anyway, I've put together a new Myst V page on my Myst fansite EMS' Relto with everything I know, and I've also been adding to the Myst V article on Wikipedia. Thats all I know, now go away!

Woot!
Guybrush Threepwood: "I like mist. Mist is pretty."
The Flying Welshman: "Sure, mist is pretty, but EGAD is it dull!"
- Making fun of another adventure game in The Curse of Monkey Island

4 Comments:

At 9:49 pm, Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Hey, that's great about Tim's site being up! Yes, it's nice to have official confirmation finally, I agree. I'm sure Cyan will do a great job with it.

Now, question, have YOU voted for the MystIV site being the best animated Flash site yet? If not, get your finger clicking on my name and go to my blog and then click on the linky. We need to see Myst IV get another award LOL. Please and Thank you. Great Myst V page EMS!

 
At 1:32 am, Blogger Tim Cuthbertson said...

Hey dude thankee much for the link, it's good to be back :D

I'm gonna have to play this "Myst" you speak of sometime, hey? ;)

 
At 12:06 am, Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

Dammit! I just realised I already posted that quote.
OK guys, nobody saw anything, right?

 
At 4:50 am, Blogger Toria/Deb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home