Monday, January 10, 2005

Miscellaneous Wafflings

Mmmm.... waffles.

Well first of all this blogpost is overriding the previous one which was way cooler so READ IT!!! Anyway a lot has happened since last non-anatomy-related blog so here it is (by the way this blogpost has more links than any other! Get your middle-mouse button ready Firefoxers!)

Secondly, Toria found a great blog post about what they are looking for when they hire programmers. It's by one of the guys at Cyan, Brice Tebbs. Here it is. If you wanna be a programmer read it.
I am happy with this because I figure I have full-on attitude and by the look of it talent too (in that I can "feel" the code, ya know, like Neo does :D). I guess experience will come in more time.

Now lets see, I had a whole lot of stuff and I will probably forget some. Ooh Tim's website is BACK online (its been offline the whole time I've had this blog!) so thanks to our friend Ed who's hosting it, its now back up but the DNS hasn't quite updated or something. Anyway watch this space over the next 24 hours:
www.gfxmonk.com

Now, I just found this on another blog. "The nerd test" - how nerdy are you? I got a score of 83% which is not bad I guess. The reason its not higher is because there's a lot of science questions like the periodic table, etc, and I'm not a sciencey guy at all. Click the link below to see how nerdy you are.

I am nerdier than 83% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!


Today a lot of the uni guys (8 of us) went out to Studley Park for some boating etc, and it was a great catchup. I had a great time with all the guys and we got some good random convos going, and the word "ARROWED!" was said an awful lot, as was "Hoopla" (or as he would spell it "Houpla") by Tim, and we also had a bizarre bit of our hike where all eight of us decided to skip. Also it was made known that Tim knew Fransicus Henri (one of our childhood music idols!) and in fact did his website (careful its loud). Wow!

Ooh Neighbours is returning tomorrow. We had a bit of a chat about it... of course its the follow-up to that dramatic episode a month ago. I heard a few spoilers, sounds just awful! Well I'd better watch and see.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel now - Jeremy came over yesterday and we played the Warcraft 3 tournament. 3 wins up front, then 2 losses. Then we couldn't get in any more so we played AT - 1 win, then 6 losses straight. Not pleasant. Not pleasant at all. Seriously, we are usually better than this! And we were just getting good too, the 3 wins we started with capped off a 7-game winning streak. So it wasnt good to follow up with a 6-game losing streak. Well, we will be good again. Its such a great game, is Warcraft 3.

I need sleep. Then more Anatomy. :D
"When will you Australians learn? In America we stopped using corporal punishment, and things have never been better! The streets are safe, old people strut confidently through the darkest alleys, and the weak and nerdy are admired for their computer-programming abilities. So, like us, let your children run wild and free, because, as the old saying goes, 'Let your children run wild and free.'"
- Homer Simpson


Btw, post your nerd scores in the comments, I'd love to see what you guys get!

4 Comments:

At 2:56 am, Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Ha ha good quiz
"I am nerdier than 53% of all people."

So, there, not as nerdy as you, but "wannabe nerd". Will now follow other links. I'm glad you all had a great day.

 
At 8:19 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hrmn... got 33% here :P
-Magi

 
At 10:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,
Wow I only got 9%
Hehe

 
At 10:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,
Wow I only got 9%
Hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home