Friday, April 01, 2005

Heeeeere's Johnny!

Very very excited now, because I am about to announce a brand new game from Summit Interactive! (ie. me :D)

Readers of this blog will no doubt remember my Australia Day post, where I let slip some information about my upcoming title.
It's the best thing forum
No I can't wait. OK here goes... it's a futuristic fantasy/action hybrid where space trolls (not the Tolkien kind, more the doll kind with huge fluoro hair) from the planet Trompton invade Earth. You are Johnny Armeck, the one man who, with his party of merry men, have to travel to Trompton to put an end to the troll menace through a combination of puzzle-solving, action, and fashion-sense. I'm developing the game in Haskell, (but writing the fast code in Visual Basic) and it's using a special effect that makes 2D graphics look 3D, as seen in Duke Nukem 3D.
Well as discerning readers (eventually) figured out, that was supposed to be a joke. But that didn't deter me! Johnny Armeck is about to hit computer screens in his first adventure...

JOHNNY THE TROLL SLAYER

The official announcement and complete website are now online at the Summit Interactive website!

Summit Interactive Online

Please go and have a look! I've spent the past two days preparing all of the material for the website and am very excited to present all of the information, screenshots, concept art and music related to the game. Enjoy!

"It's a good thing that beer wasn't shaken up any more, or I'd have looked quite the fool. An April fool, as it were."
- Homer Simpson

9 Comments:

At 1:21 am, Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Haven't looked at the Summit site yet but hey, I get to be the *FIRST* poster to say WELL done! LOL @ the April Fool's joke too. You are such a fun guy :)

 
At 2:04 am, Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

April fools? Whatever are you talking about? :|

:P

 
At 11:08 am, Blogger Andrew said...

LMAO

 
At 5:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also heard that Summit Interactive are going to completely redo their website and make it really slick and actually nice to look at. Rock on guys!

:-)

 
At 12:28 am, Blogger Toria/Deb said...

OOO, rough blow from Tuxxee ;) C'mon Summit Interactive, make the site "better than evah"

OMG is she learning Aussie speak thru osmosis O_O

 
At 6:03 pm, Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

Lol... just how do you osmosisize an accent through MSN?

Anyway, thanks for having a look guys.

Tux - criticism accepted ;) Teh site is now 4 years old. I've created a brand new remake of the site layout and am currently in the process of remaking all the pages. Therefore the site will be redone sometime as part of the fifth anniversary celebrations.
(No foolin here)

Johnny sez teh troll punks goin down!

 
At 6:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. Don't forget to max out on CSS/HTML - I'll be interested to hear how small the site can be made!
(For reference, my simple personal site with 5 short pages is less than 70kb including graphics)

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger Toria/Deb said...

Mmm, I've got really no idea how small he could make it. But yeah, knock our socks off EMS :)

 
At 10:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Came from the east,
Relative forgot,
To scrape away,
Land in south,
Exhausted engine,
No teeth,
No chance to stop,
Meet johnny.

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/sugarcubes/133433.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home