Saturday, August 20, 2005

</prosh>

Prosh week is over!

GO TEAM SPORK!

What a crazy crazy week. I'm sure everybody has a few regrets but I'm glad I steered clear of most of the lewdness and had a great deal of fun. Also I survived almost the whole week without seeing a single indecent organ, until the last hour or so at the scav hunt turn-in session where some guy felt it necessary to run through the north court in his b'day suit.

I've got no idea how Team SPORK went - but we basically lost every event through the week. The important thing is, we had heaps of fun and really bonded I think. Here are some of the things that I personally did:

  • Wore purple beads, bracelets and hairclips for a day.

  • Ate a sheet of A4 paper (yum!) (and got 800 points :D).

  • Went to the op-shop to purchase silly purple clothes!

  • Not me, but Tyson, Laura, Em and Jono L. went driving for 24 hours, up to Ballarat... well done guys, you're crazy!

  • Helped with the hilarious Long Drive powerpoint presentation after they got back.

  • Participated in the trivia night - yay we suck.

  • Sung "Wonderwall" solo in front of the entire pub on Wednesday night, and got the whole pub singing along with me (so, not really solo, but I was the one with the mic!) - The highlight of the week!!!

  • Went on the scav hunt - we split up into 3 or 4 cars of people and went driving around for crazy items and photos. Highlights include going to McDonalds and dry-humping the statue of Ron. Same time next year buddy?

  • Stayed up until 4AM doing photoshop images for the scav hunt, and sorting them into a powerpoint presentation which we finished off yesterday.

  • Co-composed and co-performed our TEAM SPORK theme song ("The Grand Ol' Duke of Spork") with Jono L. and Heather.

  • Missed just a single lecture all week!

So, all in all it was hella fun, thanks to everyone on team spork, and of course the lovely judges.
Go Team Spork!

And while all that was going on, Wednesday night (wow I was busy that night), I had the TOPCODER programming competition which went remarkably well - I was in the top 750 so I qualified for the next round, which I'll be doing tonight. Woo.

Now, heres the thing that's been bothering me. I've been wearing a purple bandana all week (as has everyone else on the team). But now I've got a problem - even though I'm not wearing it, it FEELS LIKE I AM!!! Crazy, it reminds me of that thing when amputees can feel pain in their limbs which they don't have. That's called phantom pain, which is why the long-awaited Word of the Day for Saturday, August 20, 2005 is:
phandana
n.
  1. An imaginary bandana which is perceived mentally by the wearer as being real, as a result of wearing an actual bandana for extended periods of time. Man, I've still got a phandana... this is weird.

  2. The illusion of greatness that comes with wearing a bandana (whether it be a phandana or an actual one).

  3. A bandana which has been nose-blown or shat-upon: "Hey Tyson, can I have my bandana back now?" "Oh sorry, now it's a phandana".
See you all next year!

6 Comments:

At 8:59 pm, Blogger Tyson said...

23 hours into the long drive and i had no toilet paper... I do regret it!

You made me laugh matt;, thumbs up!

 
At 10:32 pm, Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

lol... is that why you had to phandanize it? :P

 
At 5:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Also I survived almost the whole week without seeing a single indecent organ"

I'd find it hard to survive that long without seeing something titillating too.

Almost = when the week got better? ;-)

BTW perhaps you could also define what constitutes an "indecent organ" in a future post?

 
At 9:59 pm, Blogger Eat_My_Shortz said...

"until the last hour or so at the scav hunt turn-in session where some guy felt it necessary to run through the north court in his b'day suit."

Err.. it didn't really put a cherry on my week ;)

 
At 12:13 am, Blogger Celestial Vision said...

ROFL, poor tyson, damn that Maccas!!!!!!!!!!!

So.....

 
At 1:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ey Machew!

good to see that someone blogs regularly... hehe i'm so lazy.

Tyson is smelly =P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home